We might not notice it but digital signage are all around us. From malls, subways, streets, fast food outlets, and almost everywhere we go, we could always spot at least one signage. Aside from being used as a more catchy way of attracting customers to a business, it is also a modern way of interacting with your audience. Basically, a digital signage is any screen that displays content for a variety of reasons. Almost all businesses use this technology because it boosts their sales while demanding low maintenance costs.
Fully operational digital signage systems require the combination of both hardware and software to work. The software is the heart of the system which is composed of a program that lets you manage and play content to be displayed on the screen. The hardware comprises the physical parts of the system. It includes the display monitors, stands, projectors, media players, and other tangible components. Your software can’t reach the hardware without connectivity. These refer to cables, Wi-Fi, cloud, or any technology that bridges the content to the monitor. The content can be an image, video or audio clip that you display on the screens. It is important to keep contents fresh and new to avoid monotony in your advertising.
You must first determine what your business needs to know what type of signage suits it. Here are the most common uses of digital signage.
- Single screen – This is commonly used to display automated content such as ads and news updates. You can usually see this outside small shops or waiting areas.
- Menu boards – These types are always seen on fast food stations and are used to display the foods they’re offering and how much it costs. Restaurants, coffee shops, and cafes also use this to display their current menu.
- Public facing boards – You can usually see these being used on huge companies or corporations where the content is aimed to target more audience.
- Way-finding screens – Typically used in malls, subway stations and other places where people are most likely to look for directions. Interactive types are the bestsellers in this area.
- Video wall – It is composed of a series of screens displaying a video ad outside a shop.
Digital signage are used in a variety of ways nowadays. They are used to convey messages, advertise and anything that involves showing information.
Conveying a Message
You can utilize the power of this technology in sending a message to people. From displaying content that can either attract more customers or motivates people, the applications of this system are limitless. You can also let the people focus on their surroundings by deploying screens that offer live social apps.
Aside from conveying a message, you can also use it to help people find the information they’re looking for. Some signage systems answer people’s frequently asked questions on an establishment while others guide them to where they want to go.
Advertising and marketing are one of the main functions of this tech. It is probably the reason why developers invented it in the first place. Ads on digital screens look more catchy and attractive drawing more attention from the crowd.
Investing in digital signage will greatly help your business grow. Integrate technology into your business and keep up with your competitors with this system.